Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sad Goodbyes

Sunday, February 27th, we said goodbye to Oak Shade Baptist Church.

I cried like I was at a funeral, once it hit me I couldn't stop. Hug after hug, comment after comment just caused the tears to keep on coming. I didn't think that would happen. I was confident I'd be strong for my parents, etc.
I realized 11 years in one place is not easy to say goodbye to, no matter how hard it has been for my family for the last couple of years.
-met my husband in Sunday School the first week we moved there
-worked as a Sunday School teacher, a summer intern, cleaned the church as a part time job, VBS every summer, camp after camp
-attend several women studies throughout college
-was apart of the best college and career class, that has now been dead for 5 or more years :(

The list could go on. You understand what it is like to say goodbye to people you love...don't you?

Closing one chapter, opening the next.

Goodbye OSBC...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios